Yes, you are making
the right decision.
Being a Bauer Ambassador is the ultimate way of representing one of the nation's best business schools housed at a powerhouse university. Take a scroll through this page and learn about what we look for and what being an ambassador embodies. If you're up to the task, apply below!
Be prepared to take a lot of selfies! As the faces of Bauer, ambassadors are frequently in front of influential people and leaders. This requires that you keep cool, calm, and collected. Often, ambassadors are approached with opportunities for internships, volunteering, and so much more. You should know your facts about Bauer and the University of Houston.
The fine print...
There are a few prerequisites for qualified applications:
- All applicants must be pursuing a BBA degree.
- Applications must be submitted by midnight (11:59 PM) on Tuesday, February 28, 2017.
- A minimum of a 3.25 GPA is required. Applicants with GPA's less than this must email an unofficial transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our average GPA for last year's class was a 3.48. 40% of our ambassadors held membership in the Bauer Business Honors Program.
- Applications are submitted entirely online. We will need you to email and bring a hard copy of your resume (PDF version) and your unofficial transcript (for GPA's below 3.25).
- Applicants must be available to commit as an Ambassador for Fall 2017 & Spring 2018. Should the applicant plan on graduating in Fall 2017, conditional admission may be granted in exchange for attending an agreed upon number of Summer 2017 freshmen and transfer orientations.
- We will only admit up to 30 ambassadors for the 2017-2018 year. This does includes ambassadors from the 2016-2017 year who chose to renew their membership.
- If you meet the prerequisites, we will contact you to schedule an interview with one of our ambassadors (during March 2017).
- The interview process will be about 25-30 minutes long, consisting of two components each 10-15 minutes long. Each interview will entail either a tour a business building (UCBB, Cemo, or Melcher hall) led by the applicant or a roleplay in which the applicant must sell the Bauer experience and convince a prospective student to attend Bauer. The second component of the interview will be a question and answer period to get to know you.
- You will be notified of our decision by Friday, March 31, 2017.
- Applicants who are extended an invitation should expect to attend the following events: Spring 2017 banquet, one summer activity (orientations or team-related activity), and a pre-semester Field Day in Fall 2017. All dates are TBD.
- If we aren't able to extend an invitation to you this semester, we welcome you to apply again next time!
BENEFITS & EXPECTATIONS
Benefits, expectations, and clarifications:
- If you accept our offer, you are required to pay dues by May 31, 2017 to cover two semesters of active membership in BA. Dues include one polo and an engraved name tag (the amount required for dues is TBA).
- All members (new and returning) are required to attend orientation as this is where all Bauer Ambassadors will be informed of their duties and be trained to preform the tasks. The date of orientation is TBD.
- All ambassadors are required to join one of BA's core teams: the Alumni Team, Development Team, Fundraising Team, Membership Team, Marketing Team or Rockwell Career Center Team.
- After one semester of successful membership, you are eligible to apply for our organization leadership opportunities.
- All ambassadors are invited to our annual Ethics Advocates Pinning Ceremony; a key opportunity for ambassadors to meet the Dean's of Bauer.